Crowdfunding is a process in which a large number of people contribute small amounts of money to raise a large sum. The rudiments of crowdfunding have existed in India for a long time. However, organized and effective online crowdfunding in India came into being in the last decade.
Crowdfunding can help raise money for a lot of things. You can use crowdfunding to raise money for someone’s medical treatment, for social causes and for business ideas. There are four kinds of crowdfunding: donations based crowdfunding, rewards-based crowdfunding, debt crowdfunding, and equity crowdfunding.
Depending on the reason for your crowdfunding campaign and the type of campaign you choose, your strategy for the campaign will differ. Here I have tried to write down some tips for medical, social and business campaigns.
If your fundraising in India project is for medical reasons, there are certain things that you can do:
- Find a crowdfunding platform that has experience in dealing with cases of medical crowdfunding. Impact Guru is one platform that does this.
- Write a fundraiser which is clear and short explaining why you need to crowdsource your medical treatment. Explain your financial condition and the nature of the illness.
- In your fundraiser, you should use text, image and video to explain your situation. Post pictures of medical documents in order to build credibility.
- Post a video of the patient delivering a message if they are in a condition to. Otherwise, find a way to talk about the illness yourself.
- Use social media and a team to campaign for publicity.
Social change is often possible through crowdfunding. Many NGOs have taken to crowdfunding in order to raise money for their various projects. This has become quite common after the recent government crackdown on foreign funding to NGOs.
- Choose a crowdfunding platform experienced with the kind of campaign you want to do.
- Write a fundraiser effectively detailing your project and what you want to do.
- If you have done projects like this before, provide links and other evidence to them.
- Fully use images and videos for your campaign.
- Make a campaign video that summarizes the goals of the campaign and post it with links everywhere.
- In order to make the campaign video, you can use professional help. This might require money but the returns you get on this will be far more.
- Use social media to the highest degree in order to raise money.
- Know the people who are likely to donate to your cause. If you are working for child rights, other child rights activists are likely to donate to your cause.
Things differ a little bit for business crowdfunding. Business crowdfunding is done with a profit motive and is very helpful for startups. If you want to raise funds for business crowdfunding, you should be able to write an effective crowdfunding pitch. You could go for equity crowdfunding or for rewards based crowdfunding, if you are not based in India. In India however, equity crowdfunding has been put on hold by SEBI.
- Find a website that is willing to host your crowdfunding campaign. Some websites are selective and some are not. Choose the ones you like and then select the one which likes you.
- Write a good pitch. Explain exactly what your product is going to be and why you think it has a market.
- If you are going for rewards based crowdfunding, explain why your product is unique and better than its competitors.
- If you are going for debt crowdfunding, explain clearly why you think you will be willing to return the loan with interest.
- Use social media to raise as much money as possible. However, do not exclude conventional forms of communication, when you go into campaign mode.
5 most underrated cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrency and crypto tools like a wallet, crypto tracker are becoming increasingly popular. Yet, there are still highly underrated coins.
Let’s discuss 5 of them!
1. Nano (NANO)
Nano is a project launched in 2015 which operated by the block-lattice technology. This architecture is unique to Nano and is an acrylic graph. The block-lattice consists of individual chains, account chains, that can be accessed and modified only by the owner.
Nano has been a highly successful project and its crypto coin NANO ranks #58 on CoinMarketCap.com with a market cap of $134 million. The current value of NANO is $1.01, however, it reached its all-time high of $37.62 in January last year.
The project has many advantageous qualities. The transactions on the network are instantaneous and free. Because of its unique architecture, the coin is scalable and also consumes much less energy than Bitcoin or any other crypto coin operating on the blockchain.
Zcash was founded in October 2016 with a mission to make cryptocurrency more private for users. After its launch, the ZEC cryptocurrency gained immense popularity and reached almost $6000.
Zcash is among the most secure crypto coins on the market. It provides users the opportunity to prove transactions for inspection purposes. It is the user’s choice to disclose the transactions.
Another good thing about the currency is its supply. With a total supply of nearly 7 million, the price of Zcash rises quickly and is a great potential investment. The ZEC coin has a market cap of almost $555 million ranking 24th. Its current price is $79.41.
3. Stellar Lumens
Stellar is a decentralized ledger for financial transactions. It was established in 2014 by the co-founder of Ripple and MtGox, Jed McCaleb. The network is also a smart contracts platform and its primary use is international transactions.
Stellar Lumens (XLM) is the native crypto coin of the Stellar network and is currently among the TOP 10 crypto coins. XLM hit its all-time high of $0.938 in January 2018. The crypto coin is now traded at $0.085 and has a market cap of $1.67 billion.
The Stellar network is backed by many established corporations around the world. It is also, in contrast to Ripple, highly decentralized. Compared to Bitcoin or Ether the transactions are also fast and cheap.
NEO was developed in 2014 to establish a smart economy, which integrates crypto coins and smart contracts. The ecosystem can be employed to create both decentralized applications and ICOs.
The NEO network applies the blockchain technology and digital identity as a way to digitize assets. The platform has numerous great projects and partnerships.
The NEO cryptocurrency has a market cap of $846.5 million ranking #17. The coin is trading at $12 and has a volume of $404 million. The all-time high for NEO was $196.85 reached after the Bitcoin bull run in late 2017.
ICON is a blockchain-based network that enables separate blockchains to cooperate. The ICON project is looking to reevaluate the definition of communities and establish an era of decentralization.
ICON has partnered with both corporations and the South Korean government. It is a blockchain-as-a-service platform which means that it makes easier for different establishments to make their blockchain without any hassles.
ICX, the project’s native token, ranks #40 with a market cap of $193 million. Its current price is $0.394 and, at its pinnacle, it was $12.64.
Even though these coins don’t get the attention that they deserve, the crypto market is still growing in popularity. If you want to join this market and become a successful investor, take a look at this cryptocurrency tracker guide.
Why use an Online Accounting Software
When it comes to running a business in 2019, one of the biggest problems you can have is dealing with your books. Accountancy is not something that many of us enjoy, but it’s something that has to be done. If you are like many other business owners and want to make your life a bit easier, then you should absolutely invest in some online accounting software. How, though, do you go about making use of an online accounting software package that suits your needs?
Online accounting makes it easier to avoid mistakes
The first reason why this is an investment you should make is that you can spend more time doing what you want to do. Why? Because online accounting software more or less removes the chance of mistakes being made. That can lead to you having more time to do what you want to do, instead of spending so much time doing what you don’t want.
If you are serious about making your life a bit easier when running a business, online accounting software makes that possible.
You can get better value for money
The other bonus is that running your accounts through an online software platform will allow you to get some fast answers on what kind of deductions you should be making. With everything stored online, it’s much easier to get advice and to make sure that you can easily access all of your content. This leads to faster solutions, making sure that you can make the most of your money.
Get access whenever you need it
Part of the bonus of using a software package like this, though, is that you can spend more time getting the access that you need, when you need it. This helps to save you valuable time and money trying to get the access that you need to your accounting documents.
Now, trips to your accountant or business assistant will be much easier, as you can easily access all of these vital details.
Remove the stress of filing
Another bonus of using online accountancy tools is that you can make the normal arduous process of filing a bit easier to work through. Now, you will be able to easily upload all of the needed documentation to HMRC when the time comes, saving you valuable time and money. Instead of struggling to upload documents, this takes out much of the work involved in getting it all online in the first place.
Get the help that you need it
Trying to file your books at home means that you are often reliant on your own knowledge of the tax process: that might be more of a risk than it is really worth taking on. If you want to avoid such an issue, then we recommend that you look to get the help that you need as soon as is possible with the help of our online software, complete with a support platform that can give you help with anything you are not sure about.
Can you see why this makes the normally arduous tax filing process a bit easier?