Fibromyalgia refers to the disorder that leads to muscle fatigue and a constant sort of pain. People who suffer from fibromyalgia have different sort of tender points on their body. These tender points tend to hurt a great deal when pressure is put on them. These tender points are situated on the shoulders, neck, arms, hips, back etc.
People who suffer from this chronic disorder has other symptoms too which include:
- People who suffer from fibromyalgia have a lot of trouble sleeping. Because of the constant pain that they suffer from they have trouble getting deep sleep.
- Anyone suffering from fibromyalgia will also have morning stiffness where they all the muscles in their body will become very stiff.
- They also tend to suffer from migraines.
- The menstrual cycle becomes more painful since the cramps are way too intense.
- There’s a tingling or a numbing sensation that can be felt in the hands and the feet.
- People also tend to suffer from a memory problem. This is often referred to as the “fibro-fog”.
There’s no particular breakthrough research which can pinpoint the cause of this disease. Anyone can suffer from this problem but it is mostly seen in middle-aged women. People who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and other kind of auto-immune diseases are the ones who are more prone to this disease. There have been no cures for this disease but doctors tend to give you medications in order to fight the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Having a healthy lifestyle which includes getting plenty of good sleep, exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy diet can help you combat the symptoms of this disease more effectively.
One of the things that make it hard for the doctors to detect fibromyalgia is the fact that it cannot be quite confirmed through simple sort of laboratory tests.
Risk Factors of Fibromyalgia
There are many risk factors that occur when you are suffering from fibromyalgia. Age is a great factor when it comes to having this disease. Middle aged people tend to have this disease and with age it gets worse. If you are suffering from lupus or rheumatoid arthritis you are more likely to suffer from this chronic disease.
But there can be other factors involved in triggering this too. Women are likely to suffer from this disease more than men do. Any sort of stressful or traumatic event such as post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD, card accidents etc can trigger the onset of this disease. Any sort of repetitive injuries on your body can lead to this too. If you suffer from any illness or have a family history then you can get fibromyalgia.
Diagnosis and Treatment Of Fibromyalgia
Most of the time it is quite hard to diagnose fibromyalgia. Doctors tend to look at the family history of the patient along with running some tests, although lab tests do not generally help in diagnosing this disease. Physical examination is needed too along with some blood tests.
This disease can easily be treated with the help of some medication and other self-management strategies. It is important that a professional or a doctor treat this disease because if it is handled in a callous manner, the pain can get quite severe. Rheumatologists can help treat the problem. When it comes to treating this disease there are different methods that are adapted:
- Medicines that include prescription drugs and other drugs that help in relieving pain.
- Aerobic exercise help in making your heart stronger while the muscle strengthening exercises help you get rid of the stiffness and the muscle cramps.
- There should be a good amount of stress management exercises that include yoga, massage and meditation to have a better life.
- It is important to adapt good sleeping habits such as having the same sleeping schedule on weekdays and weekends, having a hot bath before going to sleep, drinking jasmine tea to soothe your nerves.
- CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy helps in treating the underlying depression. It is also a kind of talk therapy that helps in changing the way people think.
Other than medical treatments many people also get to manage their fibromyalgia when they adapt the self-management strategies that helps in the reduction of chronic pain.
3 Tips to Improve Your Diet
Are you willing to admit that your diet can and should be better? If so, that is a great start in the right direction.
That said too many people are living on the edge when it comes to what they put into their bodies. As such, it can lead to not feeling as well as they should and even more visits to the doctor.
In the event your diet needs more than only tweaking, where will you start to improve?
Don’t Let Your Health Get Away from You
Knowing you need to improve upon your diet, consider these three tips:
- Meal prep – Are you the first to note that you do not do a good enough job when it comes to meal preparation? Not making the right meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner can be a major issue. That said there are things you can do to make for a better meal planning practice. For instance, have you looked into Home Chef meal plans? Such meals allow you to not only eat better, but the meal planning is not left on your shoulders. No matter which meal delivery service you consider, it is important to review as many of them as possible. So, take some time online to see which one might best suit your dietary needs. You can also lean on outside family and friends. Some of them may have a meal delivery service they swear by. As you get more information on such plans, chances are you will see all the benefits they have to offer.
- Avoiding junk food – While the occasional junk food is not the end of the world, too much of it can’t be recommended. With that being the case, limit the amount of junk food in your daily diet. If you have an urge to snack during the day, try things like vegetables, fruits, nuts and more. The healthier your snacking is the better off you and your body will be over the long run.
- Being more educated – Finally, do you take the time to see what you put into your body on a daily basis? Unfortunately, too many individuals do not even read the labels on pre-packaged food. As a result, they can be eating foods that in fact are not good for them. By being a more educated consumer, you can shy away from foods that could end up causing you and your body problems. Whether you have issues with dairy, spicy foods or many other items, take time to read the labels.
Look at Big Picture
It is also wise for you to stop and look at the big picture.
For example, are you already too overweight at a young age? If so, this can lead to health issues now and for many years to come.
Instead of letting your diet get the better of you early on, it would be good to practice healthy eating earlier.
You also need to think about how a bad diet can lead to more expenses for you over time.
If you have to go to the doctor often due to not eating right, those costs can add up even when you have health insurance.
As you go about trying to improve your diet, also stop to look at any kids you have at home. Given one of your responsibilities as a parent is to look out for them, ask yourself if you are.
Making sure your children are getting the best nutrition is one thing you never want to lose sight of.
So, in looking at the big picture, do you taste success or failure when it comes to your diet and those of any kids at home?
Emergency Survival Kits Can Save Lives
Can Save Lives
Emergency survival kits should be found in every home. In addition, you should have one in your vehicle as well, especially if you are planning any extended driving trips. Having one of these kits in your home or automobile will give you piece of mind knowing that you have prepared for any emergency you and your family may encounter.
We have provided a list of many of the things that you should have in your emergency survival kits. There are likely items that you may want to add to your own personal list and kit. That is fine if you want something added.
Here is a list of things required in most emergency survival kits:
- First aid kit
- Prescription medication for anyone requiring it
- Portable radio – solar powered, windup or battery operated
- Extra batteries
- Canned food and dry goods
- Flashlight or candles
- Camp stove and fuel
- Activities, such as games to pass the time
- Large storage container or duffle bag to contain all the items
Standard emergency survival kit should contain enough survival provisions to help a person survive for at least three days. The food contained should not be something that spoils. Besides including water, the kit should include water purification tablets or iodine tablets.
In addition, depending on your location or destination, emergency survival kits should contain emergency blankets, gloves and anything else designed for extreme weather conditions. Do not forget to include basic toiletry items as well.
Since a disaster can strike at any time, it is important that you be prepared for anything. Besides your home and automobile, keep a kit in your office and cottage as well. If you happen to have a boat then it is very important to keep a kit on board at all times.
If you have pets, keep in mind that you should have emergency survival kits on hand that include items necessary for their survival as well. This will include any special medication that they may need to take.
Where to Store Your Survival Kit?
Probably not something you would think needs to be commented on but one of the concerns in our earthquake situation was that with the amount of damage, people were unable to access certain areas or rooms in their homes. So with this in mind, an idea is to split your kit into 3 or 4 smaller kits and store them in various places around your house and property. This is a really good idea especially for water and food items.
What about the Shelf-Life of Water and Food?
One of New Zealand’s largest manufacturers of canned foods was interviewed on TV last night and he stated that providing there is no damage, canned food is perfectly fine for at least 5 years. But you need to be aware of foods with high acidity like tomatoes or apples as they may cause the can to corrode.
Water, if stored in clean containers away from direct sunlight will last a lifetime so-to-speak. But no matter the shelf-life of your food or water it’s a good idea to use it and replace it on a relatively regular basis, say every 6 – 12 months, and then you are always assured that it is fresh. Decide now to have your own survival kit and even if you don’t make up your entire kit in one day you can start by gathering items together one at a time. Tick them off the list until you have everything you need. It’s great to know what goes in a survival kit but it’s even better to put one together. I sincerely hope you will never need to use one.
Many people do not bother to prepare emergency survival kits, do not be one of these people who takes things for granted because you never know what disaster you could be confronted with, make sure you have your family prepared as best as possible.
Tips for Buying Christmas Gift for Your Lady
Top Ways to Buy a Smartwatch
Top Ways to Buy a Smartwatch
Tips for Buying Christmas Gift for Your Lady
Choose the Towson Restaurant That is Right for You
AddVideos – One stop solution to all types of videos
Does Hiring A Professional Moving Teams Are Worth The Money?
Tricks to write an eye catching assignment
Being Homosexual; A Bliss or A Crime?
Types of Mutual Funds from Mirae Asset
Get the High Quality Breakfast Catering You Need
Deciding Between Adorning Yourself with Pearls Cultivated in Freshwater and Saltwater
How to Increase Your Odds of Winning in Blackjack?
Potency Libidopillen: Your man power
Great Earning Option to Work as Live Sex Cam Model
When is a Bicycle Accident Lawyer a must?
7 Hacks to Avoid While Cleaning Your Home
Entertainment1 year ago
10 Tips For Getting Your Life Together When You’re Lazy AF
Business1 year ago
Why Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge is still a popular smartphone in Dubai?
Entertainment1 year ago
Why it’s so important that Hollywood’s powerful women are standing up for all female workers
Business1 year ago
Softbank is Eyeing a Slice of the Indian Food Delivery Market