Handy Shares Home Design Tips for a Sustainable Lifestyle
According to Handy, you can follow environmentally sustainable interior design practices to incorporate eco-friendly design and decoration without harming the environment. There are several ways to reduce your ecological footprint on the environment and reduce the impact on the environment.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few home design tips you may follow for a sustainable lifestyle:
- Decorate your home with plants – One of the easiest ways to improve the look of your home is to decorate it with mini bonsai plants or indoor plants. These not only enhance the natural beauty of your home but also improve the air quality inside your home by providing oxygen and absorbing harmful chemicals that may be lingering in the air.
- Use furniture and products made from natural, eco-friendly, or recycled materials – Avoid using furniture made from plastic molding, polyester, chromed metal, particleboard, or any other forms of synthetic material. Instead, use furniture made from sustainable materials such as natural wood or other organic material.
Typically, you can find rocking chairs, wood mantels, coffee tables, etc. made from reclaimed wood. It suits well in a rustic home and makes for a good flooring option as well. Bamboo is another good option. Bio-glass is a green alternative for items such as bathroom sinks, flooring, and countertops.
- Avoid products that contain VOC content – Many common household products such as adhesives, paints, air fresheners, household cleaning products, carpets, and furniture often contain volatile organic compounds (VOC) which are organic chemicals that evaporate even at room temperature. VOC is not only damaging to the environment but is also harmful to your health since it can cause throat irritation, eye problems, nausea, nervous system problems, headaches, liver damage, and even cancer.
Thus, before you buy any products such as adhesives, paint thinners, etc., make sure there are green seal-certified or labeled ‘low odor’. You should also avoid products that contain fungicides, pigments, biocides, and other such products.
- Set up sustainable lighting options – Conventional light bulbs utilize a lot of energy and much of it is wasted in the form of heat. A better alternative is to use LED bulbs that utilize up to 75% less energy and can last up to 25 times longer. Thus, you should only buy lightbulbs that are labeled ‘green’ and energy efficient.
It is also important to maximize the amount of natural sunlight that enters your home in order to reduce the usage of artificial light sources. An easy way to do that is to use Venetian blinds or opt for lightweight or pure cotton blinds.
It is also necessary to inspect your light sources for heat loss and add extra insulation to prevent the heat inside from escaping outside.
Handy believes that people can lead a life of minimalism by decluttering, organizing, and simplifying their homes. If that is not possible, you can adopt a Scandinavian decor that focuses on pure earthy, organic materials that are environmentally friendly and made from renewable resources.
How to Choose an LED Bathroom Mirror
Mirrors have always been a game changer in a bathroom’s design. The accessory can transform spaces depending on size, placement, and shape. But innovations in bathroom design have made wonderful changes to the common household item.
Adding lights is one of the ways designers have made mirrors more impactful. It is an excellent option for homeowners looking to improve the look of their bathrooms. Determining the intended use of the LED mirror is the first step in realizing which one to get. Consider these functionsto guide you on the best lighting mirror for you:
Lighting greatly influences the ambience in the room. Homeowners should use appropriate lighting that supports the intended theme of the bathroom. For instance, a warmly lit LED mirror can exude a relaxing and soothing atmosphere. This can enhance the experience when you do your self-care routines.
Smart mirrors offer multiple colours and brightness options. Take your bathroom design further with the help of these bathroom accessories.
Helping in Productivity
Have you ever done something in the mirror and thought to yourself how easier it would be if you had proper lighting? That is one of the primary reasons why the LED mirror was made. But the benefits are not limited to helping you do your make-up, pluck your eyebrows, or apply your skincare products.
The standard mirror can become more valuable with modifications. It could be upgraded with Bluetooth speakers, digital clocks, magnification, and touch sensors. If you are searching for a mirror that can aid in maximizing productivity, you should opt for a smart bathroom mirror.
Enhancing ambience and helping in productivity are factors you should note regarding the intended use of your LED mirror. Aside from these, there are other elements that homeowners should consider in choosing the right one for them. To learn more about LED bathroom mirrors, check out this infographic by Australian mirror company Remer.
What Are The Tips To Select The Best Condo Under Your Budget
Renting a new place can be challenging and complex. There are a few things that tenants need to understand before renting a place. Here are a few tips for selecting the best place.
· Think About Your Budget And Income
Developing practical finances is wherein each rental seek has to begin. Depending on where you select to stay, your new rental might cost a little extra than the previous, and it’s wise to decide on the factors that might influence your living style now or in the future. If you’re having a tough time reconciling the condo value with your finances, then you can observe or watch out for condos like Condo in the area of Charan 13 with reliable rental options. You can even try sharing rooms and decrease your burden of rent. Depending on the play you stay in and the facilities you use, the cost might increase as you need to understand that everything comes with a price. Hence, while checking for rooms or condos, know and clearly understand your budget, expenses, and income. Divide your income equally to avoid financial problems.
· Get To Know About The Neighbours
One of the exciting elements of stepping into a brand new rental is the possibility to discover and find out about a neighbourhood since that is wherein you’ll be calling home. A few matters to remember as you’re riding around include, is that place worth calling a home? Are there any emergency spots available near you? Is transportation remote in that area? Can you make new friends and feel at home? Will socializing be easy for you? Is it safe and secure? Having a pleasing surroundings can help you in all ways possible. Hence, try to find a place that has a pleasant environment.
· Know The Rules And Regulations Of Renting
Before signing a rent, which is your first step in being responsible for renting a rental, you must be privy to the nation and nearby legal guidelines concerning the tenant/landlord relationship. This expertise enables you to become acquainted with different simple tenant rights. Knowing tenant rights will help in solving any future issues with your landlords. Also, check if the rental agreement is proper without any loopholes that might cost your suture or money. Ask for expert help or read any reviews before signing your rental agreements. The best condos like Condo in the area of Charan 13(คอน โด แถว จ รั ญ 13, which is the term in Thai) will have the best rental deals.
You need to know these things before finding a rental place.