According to Handy, you can follow environmentally sustainable interior design practices to incorporate eco-friendly design and decoration without harming the environment. There are several ways to reduce your ecological footprint on the environment and reduce the impact on the environment.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few home design tips you may follow for a sustainable lifestyle:
- Decorate your home with plants – One of the easiest ways to improve the look of your home is to decorate it with mini bonsai plants or indoor plants. These not only enhance the natural beauty of your home but also improve the air quality inside your home by providing oxygen and absorbing harmful chemicals that may be lingering in the air.
- Use furniture and products made from natural, eco-friendly, or recycled materials – Avoid using furniture made from plastic molding, polyester, chromed metal, particleboard, or any other forms of synthetic material. Instead, use furniture made from sustainable materials such as natural wood or other organic material.
Typically, you can find rocking chairs, wood mantels, coffee tables, etc. made from reclaimed wood. It suits well in a rustic home and makes for a good flooring option as well. Bamboo is another good option. Bio-glass is a green alternative for items such as bathroom sinks, flooring, and countertops.
- Avoid products that contain VOC content – Many common household products such as adhesives, paints, air fresheners, household cleaning products, carpets, and furniture often contain volatile organic compounds (VOC) which are organic chemicals that evaporate even at room temperature. VOC is not only damaging to the environment but is also harmful to your health since it can cause throat irritation, eye problems, nausea, nervous system problems, headaches, liver damage, and even cancer.
Thus, before you buy any products such as adhesives, paint thinners, etc., make sure there are green seal-certified or labeled ‘low odor’. You should also avoid products that contain fungicides, pigments, biocides, and other such products.
- Set up sustainable lighting options – Conventional light bulbs utilize a lot of energy and much of it is wasted in the form of heat. A better alternative is to use LED bulbs that utilize up to 75% less energy and can last up to 25 times longer. Thus, you should only buy lightbulbs that are labeled ‘green’ and energy efficient.
It is also important to maximize the amount of natural sunlight that enters your home in order to reduce the usage of artificial light sources. An easy way to do that is to use Venetian blinds or opt for lightweight or pure cotton blinds.
It is also necessary to inspect your light sources for heat loss and add extra insulation to prevent the heat inside from escaping outside.
Handy believes that people can lead a life of minimalism by decluttering, organizing, and simplifying their homes. If that is not possible, you can adopt a Scandinavian decor that focuses on pure earthy, organic materials that are environmentally friendly and made from renewable resources.
What Is a Drafting Table Used For?
Drafting tables are well-known as the worktables of architects and engineers. However, they serve multiple purposes for creative individuals looking for functional and attractive workspaces.
The adjustable tops make it easy to perform all types of activities. Drafting tables are the equipment choice for artists, writers, designers and hobbyists. These are ways people are incorporating these units into their daily lives.
The Multi-Functional Uses of Drafting Tables
A major advantage of a drafting table is the surface space. It allows you to spread out and see all the materials when doing detailed and complex tasks. Here are some great uses for this equipment:
- Designing: Construction professionals use these tables to view architectural and engineering drawings. The size of the tabletop is suitable for blueprints and other large drafts.
- Painting: Artists appreciate the ability to focus on whole works at a glance. Drafting tables give you room to work on entire pieces or concentrate on specific details of paintings. Your artwork stays safely in place until it is complete.
- Sketching: Individuals who draw or sketch have a unique visual platform to work from. If you desire to frame your work, drafting tables are large and sturdy enough to assemble artwork in place.
- Constructing models: Hobbyists who enjoy building and painting models do intricate work by adjusting the drafting table so the surface is closer to their vantage point. When you organize model pieces in one area of the table, you can easily reach for items as needed.
- Reading: Drafting tables make great reading spaces, especially when working with various materials. This is a useful tool for working on papers or reading large documents.
- Writing: Writers value the ability to spread out their work and view multiple pages at one time. Drafting tables are roomy enough to have reference resources right at your fingertips, while you’re in the writing process.
- Illustrating: Illustrators find drafting tables are the perfect work areas for story creation. With storyboarding capabilities, you display drawings in a sequence to see the evolution.
These tables are great for photographers, too. A table that holds photos in place is helpful when assessing image quality or assembling works to sell.
The functionality of drafting tables is one of the best features. Legs are adjustable to get the right height. Tabletops rotate by varying degrees to get the best angle for drawing, writing, reading or assembling.
Drafting tables are typically constructed of wood, glass and fine metals and striking combinations of these materials. Some models are placed on an existing desk surface.
Drafting tables are very cost-effective workspaces because of their size and functionality. There is a range of prices that work for any budget. The cost and space benefits make drafting tables ideal for students in dorm rooms who need an all-purpose studying, writing and designing area that is effortlessly moved out of the way when not in use.
Get Drafting Tables That Fit Your Space
There are many sizes and designs of drafting tables to meet your needs. The key is to consider your specific uses and your budget before purchasing.
Engineer Supply has drafting tables with streamlined styling that fit individual preferences and workspaces.
What You Can Expect from a Roofing Inspection?
The roof is the most important part of a building, as it not only protects the entire structure but the occupants of the building as well. The value and life of the building can depend on the roof condition. Unmaintained roofs have negative consequences for the entire building, and this is the reason why you should keep your building under regular inspections. A roof has two structures, internal and external structure. The internal structure is usually made of timber or steel and the external structure consists of roof tiles and shingles. Usually, the external structure of the roof gets damaged.
What to expect from a professional roof inspection?
If you book a roof inspector, he will be looking for unusual wear and tear, leakage, damages which the debris has caused on the roof, and even the issues that took place while installing the shingle. The roof inspections are categorized into few sections. They are:
The inspector will see if there are any uneven roof planes, or sagging and examine fascia, soffit, and gutters. Masonry chimneys are also inspected if there are any cracks. Venting in the attic is also been checked. Improper venting leads to moisture and heat buildup which decreases the roof life and increase ice dams at the edges of the roof
In this section, the inspector looks for loose or missing shingles, moss, stains, and rust. They look out if any damaged material needs to be replaced or mended.
For this, the roofer will have to inspect the interior of the building. He will check if there is any water intrusion. The attic will also be checked for leaks, moisture, and signs of aging. The inspector may recommend you install insulation, for the prevention of heat loss.
Exterior inspection includes the close look of the roof and recording them (missing shingles, damage, leakage) They even take pictures of them
After the inspection is over you will be handed a detailed report of the condition of your roof. It would also include the repairs and replacements that have to be done.
After completing the inspection, the professional inspector will give you an estimate which is based on the damage and replacements of materials if needed, and the labour charge.
These are the steps that will be taken if you hire a professional roof inspector. If you want to be inspected or repaired you can contact Roofers Plymouth Michigan. They provide a reliable service to their customers.