War heroes serve as courageous inspiration for many of us. Their accomplishments and triumphs in battle are an excellent source of life lessons. major dick winters is one that is known for his selfless leadership, perseverance, and other life lessons. Here are some of the best lessons he has left for us to learn and grow from:
1 – Peace Comes From Within Us
One of his most memorable lessons is that of the search for peace. Major Dick Winters believed that the search for quiet is not the same as peace. We can easily find silence in our midst, but true peace can only be found within us if we choose it.
2 – Leaders Charge Into Battle In The Front Lines
There is no doubt that Major Winters was a remarkable soldier and leader. The main reason for his success and unchallenged leadership role is how he chose to lead his men into the battle from the front lines. A great leader tells his men to follow him, and will always lead the way.
3 – Always Take Time For Self-Reflection
No matter how busy we are at life, it is important to take a good look at ourselves and our actions. Everyone has to make time for self-reflection as this is the best way to learn from our mistakes and avoid repeating them in the future.
4 – Stay Humble
Never seek out glory and credit and never allow power and the position of authority go to your head and cloud your judgment. Always remain humble and do not stress about who gets the credit for your work.
5 – Anticipate Hurdles
Always have a backup plan in case your first attempts are not successful. Life is full of obstacles and you must be ready to overcome them before any of them surface.
6 – Physical Exercise Disciplines The Mind, Body, And Spirit
Push your body to reach physical milestones often to keep it alert and active. As Major Winters believes, the best way to discipline the mind, body, and spirit is to participate in regular physical exercise.
7 – Lead By Example
This is a life lesson we have all heard at least once in our lives. Major Winters is no different as he firmly believed that leaders must lead by example because how can you expect your subordinates to trust and follow your orders when you can’t do the same?
8 – Know And Develop Your Team
It is a must to get to know the people you work with because it is the only way to set realistic and achievable goals. Take the time to know their strengths and weakness and guide them to success using what tools and skills you have available.
9 – Live Day To Day While Doing Your Best
Looking to the future when you are going through difficulties may seem impossible. Don’t lose hope. Simply take each day as it comes and does the best you can to overcome each hurdle that comes your way and you will find yourself slowly looking forward to the future once more.
10 – Never Give Up
We all go through a dark period in our lives leaving us to thinking that giving up is the best solution. Do not let this negativity take over your thoughts. Fight through and never give up because things will get better.
Ebony Bokken – A Detailed Guide
Ebony is a kind of hardwood that doesn’t have its origin in European countries. The grains of this wood are of many colors with dark black, brown, and black stripes. The main feature of this wood is its hard texture and density. It is one of the most preserved types of wood. The ebony bokken is commonly used in the making of marquetry, veneers, musical instruments, chess pieces, and high-quality art pieces.
In Mythology too, Ebony is used as a sign of classic and noble beauty. It speaks of positive development. You must have attended magic shows; the magic wands are often made up of ebony.
Bokken is conventionally made out of hardwood, mostly white or red. They are more or less of the same weight and shape as Katana. Though, there is an edition called Suburi Bokken which is quite heavy. Read below to know more about Ebony Bokken:
- It is used in the making of ornamental bokken, and other practices of suburi. The African species of ebony bokken are usually offered to the teachers by their students as a gift on particular occasions. This wood is imported directly from Africa. Every model is chosen according to its pictures and unique features.
- Ebony bokken is also used in the form of wooden swords by martial arts trainers. They are used in Aikido, Kenjutsu, Kendo, Budo/Bujutsu.
- It is also used in the development of muscles used in martial arts and improves the speed of trainers. The concept is that the students will get habitual to training with a heavy weapon first. Then, a bokken or normal sword will make them easy to practice.
- The Bokken is mostly used as a practice weapon, it can be a good weapon to use. It is used by the most popular swordsman Miyamoto Musashi to practice in the dual fights with Katana.
- Mostly, people use them in solo practice drills but can also be used for sparring practice and partner work. They are also suitable in the practice defenses in opposition to attacks using a bokken in various styles. These styles are Aikido, Ju-Jitsu, etc. They are the best katana that are 42 inches in length, so when you are all set for using them, you can start using an original katana.
- Bokken can also be used as a self-defensive weapon. Earlier, many martial art practitioners used to make use of ebony bokken for defending themselves again wild animals. Bokken can also be used for hunting.
That’s all you need to know about ebony bokken and its uses. It is considered a safer alternative to sharp swords and weapons. There are different types of bokkens and ebony is one of them. You can find ebony bokken in and around martial arts centers. It is usually made up of oak and hardwood. You find it to be of the same shape and size as other swords but it is quite different and unique. It is even safe to use for the practitioners.
Have You Had It with Annoying Phone Calls?
Do you get to a point and time where annoying phone calls get the better of you? If so, what do you plan to do about them?
For many individuals, such calls can add up over time. When they do, some people get to the breaking point and want a resolution.
If you’ve been getting sales and other calls that bother the heck out of you, is it time to change this?
Look at Options to Curtail the Calls
In your efforts to curtail the calls, keep a few things in mind. They include:
- Know who is making them – Knowing where the phone calls are coming from in the first place makes a difference. That said how can you go about that? One option is to do a free phone number lookup online. That lookup better allows you to find out the owner of the phone number calling you. If they do not leave a message and hang up after a few rings, that can get rather tiring. Once you have their contact info as in a name, you can then leave them a message not to call you again. When you know who is on the other end of the line, it makes it easier to put an end to things. In the event the calls persist, you may decide to seek some legal action. Yes, this would, of course, be a last resort. That said you may need it should the calls not end or they become harassing and even threatening.
- Don’t always give out info – One mistake many consumers make is giving out their personal info all too often. As an example, you are at an event and sign up to receive email, text or regular mail updates. This can be for contests and many other things. By giving out your phone number, you can then be subject to sales calls and more. Your best bet is to not give out the number and only an email or regular mail address. If you do the latter, you preferably have a P.O. Box and do not give out a home address. Once you’ve given out your phone number, you set yourself up for an endless string of calls.
- Keep family and friends in the loop – Finally, make sure your family and friends are in the loop. That is you do not want your phone number being passed around over and over again. Some in your inner circle may think it is okay to give out your number for any one of many reasons. Get on the same page with them and tell them it is not okay to do so.
Along with an annoyance, think why others having your number outside those you know is an issue.
If you run your own small business, you could get inundated with phone calls during the day. As such, it can interfere with your ability to get work done.
By being selective with your number and finding who is calling you, lessen the odds of disruptions.
So, if you’ve had it with annoying phone calls, is it time to take action?