According to Mark Roemer Oakland, you can personalize your home in a unique way when you add art to unexpected spaces. Let’s check out fun ways to add art to unexpected spaces in your home:
- Bookshelves – Bookshelves are wonderful places to add art. When you add a piece of art to bookshelves, it adds a focal point to the bookshelf and also breaks up the rows and columns neatly. Make your shelf displays together with a synced color scheme that looks coordinated. You can also play around with the placement of heavy or light artworks in the bookshelf to figure out what defines you best.
- Behind the bed – The back of the bed can be the best place to add art to your bedroom. The headboard at the back of your bed is usually large enough to fit a fantastic art piece. You can add portraits or even canvas paintings to replace the headboard. You can also add sculptures, big and small.
- Unused fireplace – Central heating makes most fireplaces in the city unused. It also saves you from the pain of cleaning and maintaining your fireplace. The unused fireplace is also an opportunity to add exquisite pieces of art. It completely captures the attention of your visitors as soon as they enter the room and adds vibrance to the dull and gloomy fireplace.
- Bathroom – When it comes to art placement, the bathroom is a very versatile location. You can add art to the adjacent wall of the bathtub or replace a few tiles with them. When you add art pieces to your bathroom, it gives you a sense of tranquility. With the right change in decor and lighting, you can also make it a cozy and personal space where you can meditate and be one with your thoughts.
- Kitchen – Your kitchen doesn’t need to be all shiny metal or colorful blocks. This zone is often forgotten despite its strategic advantage. If you have an island kitchen the walls of the countertop can be your canvas. You can commission artists to make amazing artwork in that place to wow your guests. You can also use all the different places in the kitchen shelves and rows to add small pieces of art.
- On the ceiling – Imagine you lie down and are welcomed by a gorgeous ceiling with beautiful paintings and art pieces. It’s unusual and a unique way of expressing yourself. Most people don’t expect you to place any art piece there and that’s why they would remember it for a long time.
- Hallway – You can add amazing style to your hallway when you line it with art pieces. However, you need to do it carefully since it’s a narrow space. Line them in such a way that they make geometric sense.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you use these tips to decorate your home with art pieces in the most unexpected places.