Mirae Asset Mutual Funds was established in 1997 in Asia. It is a mutual fund division of the South Korean company – Mirae Asset Financial Group. It has the global capacity to offer competitive services to investors all around the globe. It has been registered across 5 continents and in over 12 countries.
Mirae Asset aims to deliver fiscal strategies that are insightful and help the investors through their varying products. It has been catering to the Indian market since 2007 and over the last 3 years, it has gained stability in the significant growth of its Assets under management (AUM).
A few key features of Mirae Asset mutual funds are as follows:
- It provides stability in its performance to all investors.
- It has seen the fastest growth in the market in accordance to investor base.
Mutual Funds Offered by Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund provides 8 different types of mutual funds in different classes including fixed income funds, equity funds and thematic funds. Let’s look at the 3 categories of the Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes:
- Fixed Income Funds- These funds provide fixed income through low risk investments made under debt vehicles. These fixed income funds are offered with both mid-term and short-term options. Therefore, these mutual funds prove to be excellent investment options if you wish to get returns from surplus money sitting idly in your accounts. This scheme provides immense potential in making your investments grow.
Funds offered under fixed income mutual funds include Mirae Asset Short-Term Bond Fund, Mirae Asset Ultra Short-Term Bond Fund, and Mirae Asset Cash Management Fund.
- Equity Funds-These Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes make an investment in the equity market or the stock market. Since these markets are very dynamic, they can offer many opportunities to get high interest rates. However, since the volatility of the market is very dynamic, these funds are classified on the basis of the risk they pose, i.e., low or high.
Mirae Asset currently offers two equity products including Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund and Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund. These two Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes are well connected to the equity vehicles and are novelty products.
- Thematic Funds- These funds are targeted as China-specific funds or emerging market funds. They generally include equity vehicles where money is invested in open-ended funds. These funds belong to a specific market segment.
Mirae Asset provides three kinds of thematic funds.
- The Mirae Asset India-China Consumption Fund is offered for the consumption-oriented growth of the said countries.
- The Mirae Asset China Advantage Fund is for making investments into firms and companies that are local to China.
- The Mirae Asset Global Commodity Stock Fund is provided for making investments in equity funds of companies which are involved with the commodities in emerging markets.
Mirae Asset SIP Benefits
Mirae Asset SIP provides many benefits to the investors which are as follows:
- It enables investors to invest a fixed amount, decided by them, at regular intervals. This helps in bringing down the average cost of their units.
- It helps in generating sizable wealth. This is because regularly investing for a long time period accumulates a large corpus through compounding effect.
- SIP helps in meeting the investors’ financial growth. Through the fixed amount of money being invested regularly, the investors get huge returns, enabling them to achieve any long term financial goal that they have.
- It is also very convenient to get as investors need only a single ECS to start their SIP.
Beginner’s Guide to start with stock trading
Many of us struggle to save our money from whatever we earn so that we can lead a nice and bit more than ordinary life. However, saving is a task which takes time and it is often hard to save a fixed amount every month. Rather than thinking of saving a small amount every month, why not think of earning something extra? Stock trading is that one field or market where you can earn a great amount of money in the shortest time. But, it is not as easy as it seems. If you are new to the stock trading, then there are certain things you need to look for to avoid losing for the very first time itself.
Here, we are sharing a beginner’s guide to help you with stock trading:
Keep your funds aside:
The first thing which is also the most important one is to understand that you shouldn’t put all your savings and money in the stock trading. You should always have a fixed monthly amount which you can afford to invest and even if you are not getting it back and losing, it is not impacting you a lot.
Gain some knowledge:
It is normal that when you will decide to enter the field of trading, there will be many who will suggest many things. Don’t trust people blindly, they may have gained some profit with their ways, but it is not mandatory that it will work for you. So, gather some knowledge and read some materials on stock trading.
Hire a broker:
Accept it or not, but the facts remain the same. No one can excel at stock trading merely by reading some materials and doing it part-time. One needs to get into the field, analyze the market, takes a risk and then he/she can know how the market works. So, avoiding putting your savings at stake all the time and getting certain returns, it is better that you hire a broker. A broker is aware of all the ups and downs of the market, and he knows on which stock to invest getting you a certain return.
Stock trading is a booming market which is never at rest, but it is not something that everyone can know about. You must know how to deal with many things to deal with the best and the safest way.
Helpful Tips for Effective Crowdfunding
Crowdfunding is a process in which a large number of people contribute small amounts of money to raise a large sum. The rudiments of crowdfunding have existed in India for a long time. However, organized and effective online crowdfunding in India came into being in the last decade.
Crowdfunding can help raise money for a lot of things. You can use crowdfunding to raise money for someone’s medical treatment, for social causes and for business ideas. There are four kinds of crowdfunding: donations based crowdfunding, rewards-based crowdfunding, debt crowdfunding, and equity crowdfunding.
Depending on the reason for your crowdfunding campaign and the type of campaign you choose, your strategy for the campaign will differ. Here I have tried to write down some tips for medical, social and business campaigns.
If your fundraising in India project is for medical reasons, there are certain things that you can do:
- Find a crowdfunding platform that has experience in dealing with cases of medical crowdfunding. Impact Guru is one platform that does this.
- Write a fundraiser which is clear and short explaining why you need to crowdsource your medical treatment. Explain your financial condition and the nature of the illness.
- In your fundraiser, you should use text, image and video to explain your situation. Post pictures of medical documents in order to build credibility.
- Post a video of the patient delivering a message if they are in a condition to. Otherwise, find a way to talk about the illness yourself.
- Use social media and a team to campaign for publicity.
Social change is often possible through crowdfunding. Many NGOs have taken to crowdfunding in order to raise money for their various projects. This has become quite common after the recent government crackdown on foreign funding to NGOs.
- Choose a crowdfunding platform experienced with the kind of campaign you want to do.
- Write a fundraiser effectively detailing your project and what you want to do.
- If you have done projects like this before, provide links and other evidence to them.
- Fully use images and videos for your campaign.
- Make a campaign video that summarizes the goals of the campaign and post it with links everywhere.
- In order to make the campaign video, you can use professional help. This might require money but the returns you get on this will be far more.
- Use social media to the highest degree in order to raise money.
- Know the people who are likely to donate to your cause. If you are working for child rights, other child rights activists are likely to donate to your cause.
Things differ a little bit for business crowdfunding. Business crowdfunding is done with a profit motive and is very helpful for startups. If you want to raise funds for business crowdfunding, you should be able to write an effective crowdfunding pitch. You could go for equity crowdfunding or for rewards based crowdfunding, if you are not based in India. In India however, equity crowdfunding has been put on hold by SEBI.
- Find a website that is willing to host your crowdfunding campaign. Some websites are selective and some are not. Choose the ones you like and then select the one which likes you.
- Write a good pitch. Explain exactly what your product is going to be and why you think it has a market.
- If you are going for rewards based crowdfunding, explain why your product is unique and better than its competitors.
- If you are going for debt crowdfunding, explain clearly why you think you will be willing to return the loan with interest.
- Use social media to raise as much money as possible. However, do not exclude conventional forms of communication, when you go into campaign mode.