Mirae Asset Mutual Funds was established in 1997 in Asia. It is a mutual fund division of the South Korean company – Mirae Asset Financial Group. It has the global capacity to offer competitive services to investors all around the globe. It has been registered across 5 continents and in over 12 countries.
Mirae Asset aims to deliver fiscal strategies that are insightful and help the investors through their varying products. It has been catering to the Indian market since 2007 and over the last 3 years, it has gained stability in the significant growth of its Assets under management (AUM).
A few key features of Mirae Asset mutual funds are as follows:
- It provides stability in its performance to all investors.
- It has seen the fastest growth in the market in accordance to investor base.
Mutual Funds Offered by Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund provides 8 different types of mutual funds in different classes including fixed income funds, equity funds and thematic funds. Let’s look at the 3 categories of the Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes:
- Fixed Income Funds- These funds provide fixed income through low risk investments made under debt vehicles. These fixed income funds are offered with both mid-term and short-term options. Therefore, these mutual funds prove to be excellent investment options if you wish to get returns from surplus money sitting idly in your accounts. This scheme provides immense potential in making your investments grow.
Funds offered under fixed income mutual funds include Mirae Asset Short-Term Bond Fund, Mirae Asset Ultra Short-Term Bond Fund, and Mirae Asset Cash Management Fund.
- Equity Funds-These Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes make an investment in the equity market or the stock market. Since these markets are very dynamic, they can offer many opportunities to get high interest rates. However, since the volatility of the market is very dynamic, these funds are classified on the basis of the risk they pose, i.e., low or high.
Mirae Asset currently offers two equity products including Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund and Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund. These two Mirae Asset mutual fund schemes are well connected to the equity vehicles and are novelty products.
- Thematic Funds- These funds are targeted as China-specific funds or emerging market funds. They generally include equity vehicles where money is invested in open-ended funds. These funds belong to a specific market segment.
Mirae Asset provides three kinds of thematic funds.
- The Mirae Asset India-China Consumption Fund is offered for the consumption-oriented growth of the said countries.
- The Mirae Asset China Advantage Fund is for making investments into firms and companies that are local to China.
- The Mirae Asset Global Commodity Stock Fund is provided for making investments in equity funds of companies which are involved with the commodities in emerging markets.
Mirae Asset SIP Benefits
Mirae Asset SIP provides many benefits to the investors which are as follows:
- It enables investors to invest a fixed amount, decided by them, at regular intervals. This helps in bringing down the average cost of their units.
- It helps in generating sizable wealth. This is because regularly investing for a long time period accumulates a large corpus through compounding effect.
- SIP helps in meeting the investors’ financial growth. Through the fixed amount of money being invested regularly, the investors get huge returns, enabling them to achieve any long term financial goal that they have.
- It is also very convenient to get as investors need only a single ECS to start their SIP.