Blackjack is among the most popular casino games. It has found as much acclaim online as in brick-and-mortar casinos worldwide. It is a unique casino game in that it is as much a game of luck as it is a game of skill. As a player, you can always make the right decisions to increase your odds of winning. Here are some of the most effective tips to help you win more when playing this game.
Choose a Casino & Games with Simpler Rules
An important strategy to increase your odds of winning is to choose a casino and game with simpler rules. It is recommended to choose games that pay 3 to 2. Look for tables with the following rules:
- Dealer makes a stand on soft 17
- You’re allowed to double down on any 2 cards
- You’re allowed to double after pair splitting
- Choose games with fewer decks to increase your odds of winning
It is also ideal if the game allows surrendering.
When to Hit
You should hit when you have the following cards:
- Hand total of 8 or 12 to 16 and the dealer’s up card is 7 to 10 or an Ace
- Hand total of 9 and the dealer upside card is 7 to 9
- Hand total of 10 and the dealer upside card is 10
- Hand total of 11 and the dealer upside card is Ace
When to Double
You should double when you have the following hand total:
- Hand total of 9 and the dealer has an upside card of 3 to 5
- Hand total of 10 and the dealer doesn’t have an upside card as 10 or Ace
- Hand total of 11 and the dealer doesn’t have an upside card as Ace
At the same time, you should also know when it is best to stand. You should stand when you have a hand total of 13 or more and the dealer’s upside card is a 6 or less. You should also stand when your hand total is 17 or more. You can split your hand when you have 8s and Aces.
So make sure to follow these tips if you want to increase your odds of winning at blackjack.